Cookie Piping...book Or Site Recommendation? Please

Baking By Jopalis Updated 19 Oct 2009 , 9:53pm by CakeDiva73

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 12

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a book or site that I could look at to get different piping ideas for cutouts? You know like...different style eyes, etc. I look at the pictures in the gallery here but was wondering if there was a book or site that anyone thought was great. For piping....

Thanks! Jo

11 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 12

My sister gave me a cookie decorating book by Toba Garrett that has really beautiful, fancy designs. I haven't really done much with it yet, but it looks great.

Jopalis Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 12

I looked at the Toba Garrett one on Amazon and one of the reviews said it was mostly fondant covered cookies. Is that the one? I am looking mostly for piped cookies.... Someone suggested I look at pics on Flickr.com... Good idea. I always look here.... Some of the best designers are right here!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 12

Honestly, I get most of my ideas from here, I've linked over to a couple of blogs, but they're cc members so you can see all their pics here as well. I like psneed5 and sweetopia, TracyLH and jenwhitlock SweetDreamsAT, to name a few.

Jopalis Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks I knew about some of those folks but you added a couple I didn't know. Thank you very much. I also reserved Cookie Craft from the library.

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 1:06am
post #6 of 12

try autumn carpenters books too

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 12:40pm
post #7 of 12

I second Kneadacookies suggestion. I think I have all of Autumn Carpenter's books, and I like each and every one! She covers a lot of material, and there are a lot of photos to give you inspiration. Another option is the new Wilton book that is out. It has to do with Christmas cookies and cookie exchanges, so it's holiday specific, but it's still pretty good. There are pages where they show nothing but different ways to decorate the same cookie.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 1:39pm
post #8 of 12

www.karenscookies.net She has a lot of good info and video tutorials too.

mharrisdtoys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mharrisdtoys Posted 15 Oct 2009 , 2:52am
post #9 of 12

Karen's cookie site has THE best tutorials I have seen yet! icon_smile.gif

vicki0052 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicki0052 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 11:08pm
post #10 of 12

Check out fancy flours and the letsbakecookies dot com. They have just ideas on cookie decorating also. Vicki0052

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 11:21pm
post #11 of 12

You could check out cookiesmadeeasy.com

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 9:53pm
post #12 of 12

I like to go to Google Images to search for cookie decorating ideas....they always have tons and tons of pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%