Baking Wednesday For Sunday Party

Decorating By sweetjoc Updated 5 Oct 2009 , 6:41pm by jdconcc

sweetjoc Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 7

I was just wondering if i have to bake the cake on Wednesday will it be ok for a Sunday party? does it have to be refrigerated? and if so does that mean i can't use fondant?

6 replies
terrig007 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 7

I had to do that this past week. I baked on Tuesday & froze the cake until Saturday when I decorated it for Sunday.

sweetjoc Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 7

ic... issue is that i'm going away for the long weekend on Thursday.... so i need to finish the entire cake on Wednesday and leave it in the fridge for the rest of the week

icer101 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 7

i do believe.. that this will dry your cake too much.. leaving in the frig.. i have lots of c/cers on here. say the same.... maybe someone else will chime in soon.

sweet-thing Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:20pm
post #5 of 7

Are you talking about refrigerating a fulling frosted and decorated cake or just the cake layers?

sweetjoc Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 7

fully frosted... and hoping that i can use fondant to cover... but i don't want to take any chance since i won't be around to fix it if something goes wrong

jdconcc Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 7

If you use buttercream as a filling (I.e. not something that needs refridgeration) and then fondant as an outer icing, you could leave it out of the fridge until the weekend and sure it won't be the moistest cake ever but it should be ok and it certainly won't go off. Maybe put a bit of sugar syrup on your sponge before icing to give it an extra moistness? HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%