How Do I Make An Acorn? And What Colors To Use?

Decorating By neelycharmed Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 5:45pm by farmersdaughter4

neelycharmed  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 7

Any hints and tips would be great.
I'm Just making a fall cake and would like to make acorns but they don't really look like acorns.
TIA,
Jodi

6 replies
 kello  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 7

I have some in my pics. I used chocolate candy melts (made candy clay). dark chocolate and milk choc. I just made a ball with the milk choc. ones and then pointed one end. Then with the dark chocolate, I made little caps and put those on. then I made a little stem and criss-crossed the tops with a knife.
HTH

linda2530  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda2530 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 7

I made some last year out of caramels. icon_biggrin.gif They are easy to mold once you start working them and I dipped the top in chocolate and used a "jimmi" for the stem. I suppose you could work in some color to them or use dust on them. I did not color these since the cake had a lot of dark fall color on it.

neelycharmed  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 7

thanks!
I'll let you know how they turn out!
icon_smile.gif Jodi

KHalstead  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 7

heres a photo of some I did like the above poster with caramels rolled into the shape, then dip the top in melted milk choc. then dip in brown jimmies.
LL

FlourPots  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
 farmersdaughter4  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmersdaughter4 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 5:45pm
post #7 of 7

khalstead.... love your acorns and fall decor. Did you make the leaves? If so, would you share your technique? I'm making a fall cake for competition and these appear so "real" - love the color and thickness. Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%