How Do I Make An Acorn? And What Colors To Use?

Decorating By neelycharmed Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 5:45pm by farmersdaughter4

neelycharmed Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 7

Any hints and tips would be great.
I'm Just making a fall cake and would like to make acorns but they don't really look like acorns.
TIA,
Jodi

6 replies
kello Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 7

I have some in my pics. I used chocolate candy melts (made candy clay). dark chocolate and milk choc. I just made a ball with the milk choc. ones and then pointed one end. Then with the dark chocolate, I made little caps and put those on. then I made a little stem and criss-crossed the tops with a knife.
HTH

linda2530 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 7

I made some last year out of caramels. icon_biggrin.gif They are easy to mold once you start working them and I dipped the top in chocolate and used a "jimmi" for the stem. I suppose you could work in some color to them or use dust on them. I did not color these since the cake had a lot of dark fall color on it.

neelycharmed Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 7

thanks!
I'll let you know how they turn out!
icon_smile.gif Jodi

KHalstead Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 7

heres a photo of some I did like the above poster with caramels rolled into the shape, then dip the top in melted milk choc. then dip in brown jimmies.
LL

farmersdaughter4 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 5:45pm
post #7 of 7

khalstead.... love your acorns and fall decor. Did you make the leaves? If so, would you share your technique? I'm making a fall cake for competition and these appear so "real" - love the color and thickness. Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%