Need Help With Color Choice

Decorating By twinmomgirl Updated 5 Oct 2009 , 2:06pm by sugarmommy83

twinmomgirl Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 5

I have to choose a another color to match with brown and tan. Anyone have a idea what color I can mix with these color.
LL

4 replies
majka_ze Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 5

Good way to test color combination is ColorCombos.com Combo
I did preselect for you. You set your "fixed" colors and play with the remaining color, looking for the best combination.

CandyCU Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 5

OMG, majka_ze, what a fantastic site!

twinmomgirl, I've randomly picked a few colours that may go with the brown & tan: CA9298, B6CA92, 92BFCA or perhaps the dusty pink you used as on the box of your shoe box cake or a dustier blue than what you used on your gold gift box? What event is it for? maybe that'll help with choosing a colour?

pianocat Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 5

Red

sugarmommy83 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 5

Brown and tan are really neutral colours to work with so you can petty much do anything...what kind of cake is it? Think about the theme and draw your inspiration from what the cake is actually for, like is it for a wedding, birthday, child, baby..etc. that's what i usually do. I'm sure whatever you choose will be great as long as the intensity of the colours is the same. Good luck, i'd love to see what you come up with...and i'm really curious as to what kind of cake your making!!! have fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%