Want To Be Honest, But Is Anything Due?

Business By -Tubbs Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 12:45am by adree313

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 3:33am
post #1 of 16

I did a cupcake wedding yesterday. 100 cupcakes, three different flavours, topped with three different buttercreams, 6" cutting cake, all trimmed with fondant daisies in autumn shades. Looked awesome, if I do say so myself. icon_biggrin.gif

Get home, tidy up and find that not only did I not add the lemon zest to the lemon cuppies, I also did not add the homemade vanilla fudge to the choc buttercream. icon_mad.gif

Now, the bride accidentally called me at 9am this morning (meant to call someone else but pressed my number instead. icon_confused.gif ). I immediately went into a cold sweat, thinking something had gone wrong yesterday, but she apologized and said it was a mistake, but was pleased to talk to me because she LOVED everything I did yesterday...so many compliments...beyond expectations. Of course I was delighted and told her so, and that I'd see her later in the week when she drops off my stand.

My point - I have one, and I promise I'm getting to it - were my omissions serious enough that I should point them out, and if so, are they significant enough to warrant any kind of refund?
Thanks for any input.

15 replies
CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 3:40am
post #2 of 16

umm no. It wasn't a noticeable, or make/ or break you mistake. All of my cakes have mistakes in them, nothing is perfect. Ever.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 3:45am
post #3 of 16

The only thing I can possible think of is if the vanilla fudge was ment for a filling that she had to pay extra for. if not, then no. And definetly not for lemon zet. I'm sure they still tasted like lemon. I know my cake does and I always skip the zest.

OMGitsaLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGitsaLisa Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:07am
post #4 of 16

Don't bring up your mistakes before they do. Why would you want to talk someone out of buying your product (and paying what was agreed?) If she's happy, then you should also be happy. Just try harder next time.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:14am
post #5 of 16

If they loved them so much, maybe you should leave it out always icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:22am
post #6 of 16

Nope, never point out your own mistakes. thumbs_up.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:23am
post #7 of 16

Of course not. Don't go looking for a problem that isn't there. If she's happy with what she got, then don't even THINK of mentioning it to her.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:34am
post #8 of 16

Yes.

Just kidding! I know you were sweating when that phone rang though! Whew! icon_biggrin.gif

-Tubbs Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:42am
post #9 of 16

Thanks for your replies. That was my feeling too, but I suddenly had a WWDD (what would Duff do?) moment, and wondered if I should 'fess up. She didn't pay any extra for the fudge, and I know everything tasted good. She sounded so happy with everything when she called, I'd hate to burst her bubble. So I won't. icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:53am
post #10 of 16

By the way, I LOVE your avatar. All my friends call me the grammar Nazi, so you know I appreciate the sentiment.

-Tubbs Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 5:10am
post #11 of 16

Heh, thanks! I reluctantly had to retire Tubbs. I got so many PMs from people who were either freaked out by her, or thought she was me ( icon_lol.gif ) it seemed to be for the best. For those who may be missing her, here s/he is:
LL

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:06pm
post #12 of 16

icon_sad.gif I thought she was funny. Oh well...bye, bye...

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:08pm
post #13 of 16

Me too! Tubbs was cool.

kikster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikster Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 6:05pm
post #14 of 16

Seriously? Ummm no. If she was happy with everything, then why in the world would you draw attention to a mistake she didn't even notice? If she noticed these ommisions, and was upset, then yes I think she would deserve a partial refund.

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 10:38am
post #15 of 16

LURVELY your answer cracked me up!!

They loved them just say thank you!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 12:45am
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbsCookies

Heh, thanks! I reluctantly had to retire Tubbs. I got so many PMs from people who were either freaked out by her, or thought she was me ( icon_lol.gif ) it seemed to be for the best. For those who may be missing her, here s/he is:

am i an idiot because i don't know who "s/he" is? i never assumed it was you, i just never questioned it icon_lol.gif (well, actually, every time i saw the picture i wondered, but didn't vocalize -- er -- digitize? my questioning icon_smile.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%