How Many Of You Would Rent Commercial Kitchen Space?

Business By PuffMamaT Updated 25 Oct 2014 , 11:09pm by Interestedinput

SugarQueenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarQueenie Posted 4 Dec 2012 , 5:05pm
post #31 of 37

I am thinking of opening a kitchen in Tulsa. Would anyone be interested in reserving some time? PM me if so!

Imanashi Enterp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Imanashi Enterp Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 7:22pm
post #32 of 37

I am also looking at renting space here in Tulsa. If anyone out there knows of a place please PM me.

shugababie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shugababie Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 3:58pm
post #33 of 37

newbie here! 

i see thread was started a few years ago and it seems like the same concerns are still out there......in the past couple of years or so i've thought about opening up a commercial kitchen here but with a full time job i don't have the time or the money to back it up.....interestingly enough i received a phone call from someone who was in the process of doing the same thing and i was thrilled.....until i found out how much they were going to charge....$40/hour......that was way out of my budget.....although i know there's an interest locally for a place to bake/cook from at those prices it's practically impossible....i don't know what happened to them as i don't think they're open yet but i did see a catering company opened up to offer space in their kitchen....their rate was even more!  i understand their need to cover costs and make a buck but as a small time baker it makes no sense for me to do that.....i'd be in the red every time i had an order....

so if you can build a kitchen and charge reasonable rates i think it would work.....there are websites out there you can advertise and there's always craigs list....

curious if anyone has started a kitchen since this thread began and how's it going?

yolanda

havealittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havealittle Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 1:42pm
post #34 of 37

I rent one that is in York, PA....it is beautiful.....the downside is that I have to drive over an hour and a half to get there... :-( Wish there was one closer...Sometimes I wonder if I should open up my bakery or start a commercial kitchen...LOL....

Best of luck to all!

justme50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme50 Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 4:43pm
post #35 of 37

For the Tulsa people ...watch the legislature. The home bakers bill is currently on the Senate agenda and should be voted on any day....that is if they can manage to work more than an hour a day and stop taking 4 day weekends. :(  If it passes, and it's breezed thru so  far, Oklahomans will  be able to have home bakeries and commercial space will no longer be needed. Might want to keep that in mind before investing in a rental space venture.

kidcafe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidcafe Posted 6 May 2013 , 6:26pm
post #36 of 37

I'm sure that would be a very successful site.  I am putting together a business plan to relaunch a business that didn't make it the first time. I am just beginning to look for commercial kitchen space to rent. I remember several years ago, I could find nothing in my area, and ended up using a very small restaurant kitchen owned by a friend. There were many others searching google and elsewhere ooking for the same.

I wish you great luck with that. Anyone out there in Bergen County, NJ or Rockland County, NY doing the same? I hope so!

Interestedinput Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Interestedinput Posted 25 Oct 2014 , 11:09pm
post #37 of 37

I am curious "havealittle" where do you live that you are traveling 1 1/2 hours to York to rent commercial kitchen?   How often do you rent the space?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%