Bc Pinecones

Decorating By Lezlee Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 3:04am by sweetcakes

Lezlee Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 5

Can anyone tell me how to create a buttercream pinecone? Thanh Thanh does a lovely job of them and I would love to know how to do them! Thanks!

4 replies
MnSnow Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:40am
post #2 of 5

Someone posted a step by step directions last year on how to do them. If I remember right, you use the 104 tip and make little fans around a sucker stick and then use the rose scissors to lift it off.

They turned out great!

farmersdaughter4 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:08am
post #3 of 5

Not made out of buttercream, but here's a how to make pinecones using gum paste.

Color gumpaste brown and roll into a 1 inch oblong ball.

Placing scissors at a 90 degree angle, snip "V" shapes using the very end of your scissor blades. Repeat the process just under the first row, alternating the cuts to create the pinecone seeds. Continue the process until the cone is cut all the way to the end. Using a small spatula or knife, make a vertical indention on the middle of each seed. Set aside to dry. Mix copper luster dust with everclear (vodka) and lightly paint the pinecone. Steam (just a few seconds) to set in color. Attach to cake.

These instructions appeared in "Sharing and Caring" web site. Look them up as pictures were included.

tiggy2 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 5

I make them using the same tip you use for mums. Make a base cone like you do for a rose. There are some on a Christmas cake in my photos.

sweetcakes Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 3:04am
post #5 of 5

id use tip 103, slightly smaller, and do similar to a rose on a stick method, but use short jumping strokes. dropping down the stick further then you would a rose to elongate the pinecone. sorry that is hard to explain, really need a visual.

Quote by @%username% on %date%