Searching For Buttercream On Cookies

Baking By sara91 Updated 4 Oct 2009 , 11:31pm by countrycakes

sara91 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 8:09pm
post #1 of 7

Hi there, I would like to know if anyone has had much success with buttercream on cookies instead of fondant, royal or glace.

I would like to explore this technique and if any decorators have any tips or photos they can share.

Can you make an icing with just butter or will it need shortening!

I have searched the forum but no luck and gave up searching through the photos and individual comments to see icings used.

TIA
icon_smile.gif

6 replies
MichelleM77 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 7

I would think any crusting buttercream recipe would work. You would still need to be careful and not stack, and not sure how bagging would go.

sara91 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks, I am thinking about putting them in individual flat boxes.

countrycakes Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 7

thumbs_up.gif I have had EXCELLENT SUCCESS with Rolled buttercream! fondant too...not as well with reg. buttercream. It never seemed to want to 'crust' over enough to package individually.

sara91 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 7

Just tried a recipe using what I have, it is almost midnight here. Rustling around the kitchen.

I used all butter and clear honey instead of corn syrup as it is all I have.
DELICIOUS!!!

It is so beautiful and shiny and rather easy to use on cookies. I love it. Thanks countrycakes.
Will definately use this on my cookies. Love the texture. thumbs_up.gif

countrycakes Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 11:30pm
post #6 of 7

thumbs_up.gif You are so welcome! Please post a picture if/when you can....I would love to see! icon_smile.gif

countrycakes Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 11:31pm
post #7 of 7

thumbs_up.gif You are so welcome! Please post a picture if/when you can....I would love to see! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%