Need Ideas For Baby Gender 'reveal' Cake

Decorating By Jewels117 Updated 5 Oct 2009 , 1:33am by ziggytarheel

Jewels117 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jewels117 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all-

My friend and her husband are finding out the sex of their baby this week and they'd like for me to make a small cake (6-8" round) for their 7 year old twins to reveal the gender to them. I already know that they want me to color the cake either pink or blue, but I'm a bit stumped as how to decorate the cake.

Any ideas???

4 replies
Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 5

How about one of those fondant babies, as a topper, with either a pink or blue blanket The molds are pretty reasonsble, you can get them at GlobalSugarArt.com or at firstImpressions.com and the tutorial is on this site.

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 5

I think a "cabbage patch" baby would be cute. You could put the baby inside with the cabbage leaves all around it. The baby could be in the color pink or blue to "reveal" the gender. That way it is still a surprise until they look in the cabbage!! I have the picture in my brain, but I am not sure I explained it very well.

bongoes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bongoes Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:22am
post #4 of 5

a couple that i did a baby reveal cake had me do the frosting either blue or pink in the middle of the cake. the surprise was for the parents too as the results were sealed and i was the only one to know beforehand. the top of the cake was decorated in pink, blue and yellow pastels.

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:33am
post #5 of 5

There was another thread this week about the same thing. Someone posted a link to a cake they have posted here and it was adorable. It was an oven with the door open, with a "bun" on the pulled out rack. The inside of the bun was then colored either pink or blue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%