What Looks Better For A Wedding Cake?

Decorating By smashcakes Updated 6 Oct 2009 , 1:06am by terrylee

smashcakes Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 5

does a 2 inch difference or 4 inch difference look better or does it matter, is it more just a personal preference. can't decide if i should do 14/10/6 and make up the servings with a sheet cake or do 14/12/10. thanks for any input. they're rounds if that makes a difference.

4 replies
indydebi Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 5

I do 6/10/14 and I also do 6/10/12. A 10" is kinda big for top tier, but here's a pic showing how it CAN work. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1297422

terrylee Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 5

Usually at least a mimimum of 2" difference in the pans. Depends on the look he customer wants. I like to stack the pans to get a visual of the balance....usually the top is 6" or 8" Putting a sheet cake in the kitchen works too if they only want a small cake to show. the caters love it and it can be a savings to your customer.

smashcakes Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 1:45am
post #4 of 5

thanks guys. i guess i better stick with making the top an 8 or a six. for the topper, it's just a simple one letter monogram topper, so it might look lost on a 10. it's for a co-worker, and she's not picky. she just gave me a pic of a cake she liked and said as close as i could get. icon_biggrin.gif i do lots of cakes, but not lots of wedding cakes, so i'm hoping to do a really nice job.

terrylee Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 1:06am
post #5 of 5

You"ll do just fine - post a picture

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%