I Dont Know How I Made It Today

Lounge By sweetneice Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 3:41pm by sweetneice

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 3:56am
post #1 of 12

It has been a heck of a day. Today they buried one of my friends that died from a very common low risk surgery unexpectedly. She was like my sister and it broke my heart. I couldnt get to the funeral bc it was too far to fly and so today was pretty rough. I had a pound cake request and it was due today, and I dont know how in the world I made it through to bake anything but I did. The funny thing is that I have never made a scratch pound cake and it turned out great! I used the 1234 pound cake recipe and it went awesome! Guess I had a little help from above today! Just felt like sharing. Thanks

11 replies
makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 4:07am
post #2 of 12

I'm sorry about your friend! God does give us extra help in times like this.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 4:09am
post #3 of 12

I'm sorry about your friend.

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 4:11am
post #4 of 12

I'm sorry you had to go through that! Is there something you could do to celebrate and honor your friend?

This time of the year is challenging also for me, it's the anniversaries of my dad and grandma (the only grandparent I ever had) dying, six weeks apart from each other. I will be thinking about you and praying for you.

Hugs!

my_4_dumplins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
my_4_dumplins Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 4:13am
post #5 of 12

I'm so very sorry about your friend. I do know that sometimes doing things we love, like baking, is a great way to take our minds off of things and it brings us comfort; and I totally agree with makeminepink, He really does give us strength when we think we have none.(((hugs)))

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 4:29am
post #6 of 12

I am sorry to hear about your friend, but here's one that I believe.....when I am struggling on a cake, I step away and ask for the help from up above from one of my dearest friends and neighbors that would sit and watch me do my cakes and help me with her words as I would get frusterated. She just recently passed away about 2 months ago and it seems like she is still right there with me as I need her to be! I always ask her for her help when I am having a bad day and struggling, and you can think I am crazy....but it helps, or should I say, she helps! God Bless!

sweetneice Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 4:57am
post #7 of 12

Thanks you guys! I needed that encouragement. She would be so proud that Im opening my shop soon and was so excited over my recent wedding that I know she was with me today. I dont think you're crazy Kandy. God always helps us through tough times like these. I was just glad that I didnt burn the cake up! lol! Its funny how doing cakes really does relax me (as long as its not a wedding cake!) and takes my mind off things. Thank God for this gift. It comes in handy in ways you don't even see until you need it, Im sorry to sound so bummerish on the forum tonight, but I just needed an uplifting from my cake buddies. Thanks guys!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:34pm
post #8 of 12

I'm sorry for your loss - it must have been a dreadful shock.

It would be lovely if you could honour your friend in some way at your new shop - like, name a cake after her or something..?

sweetneice Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 7:24pm
post #9 of 12

I was actually thinking about doing a cake after her! I think I'll call it Chocolate Beauty. She would have liked that

seasonsmoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seasonsmoke Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 11:08pm
post #10 of 12

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend passing away. I'm glad that you were able to get the cake done and that it turned out so well.

Cricketina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cricketina Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:27pm
post #11 of 12

I am so sorry about your friend..life is really hard sometimes but God..that little help from above will get you through it I know from experience!!! Last year My Daughters 27 year old husband died in a car wreck and my other daughters fiance was the driver and he died as well...both of my daughters lost the loves of there lives in 1 day and my one Daughter that lost her husband had just given birth to their first Baby now she is a single mother and a 25 year old widow..and at times I really thought she would die of a broken heart...both of them really and God and her son are what have gotten her through this Horrific tragedy...God was there and she is still here and I know you will make it through this awful loss...I am so sorry...My friends are so precious to me that must have been so hard..I am glad your cake came out great...some time little blessings in the midst of trials can totally lift our spirits!!! icon_smile.gif I hope today is much better!!!

sweetneice Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 3:41pm
post #12 of 12

Cricketina, thanks a million for sharing such a private tragedy with me. It made me feel much better and also put your daughters in my prayers as well. God is definitely the lifter of my head and although Im heartbroken, this too shall pass and I know I'll see her on the other side. The funeral wasn't awfully sorrowful like I thought It would be. I heard that it was a praise celebration! They even had clips of her preaching sermons and played them. I thought that was a nice touch.........to watch her at what she did and loved most. Thanks so much for all you guys taking the time to encourage me! Love you guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%