Pumpkin Cake Recipe

Baking By Barb1959 Updated 4 Oct 2009 , 11:45pm by Barb1959

Barb1959 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb1959 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:23am
post #1 of 4

I am looking for a good pumpkin cake recipe. One that would work will with cake balls and not too complicated. Any suggestions?

3 replies
Barb1959 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 3:11am
post #2 of 4

I think I'm Okay. I searched the site AFTER posting this, and found one that looks good. But if anyone has an absolute favorite, I'd still love to hear.

themouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
themouse Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 9:08pm
post #3 of 4

im looking for the exact same thing! which recipe did you find? and have you made them yet? how did they turn out?

im afraid of ending up with something too moist, and normally moist cake is good, but i know if your cake is too moist for cake balls, they end up a mess.

Barb1959 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by themouse

im looking for the exact same thing! which recipe did you find? and have you made them yet? how did they turn out?

im afraid of ending up with something too moist, and normally moist cake is good, but i know if your cake is too moist for cake balls, they end up a mess.

I made the spice cake mix that was in the box mix category. It was the one that used yellow cake 1 can of pumpkin, 4 eggs...... I was not happy with it. It was too moist and not very pumpkin tasting. It was so moist that I actually didn't use a binder. I just put them in the freezer, so I have not coated them yet. Will not use this recipe again.

I do like how the pumpkin quick bread came out. A lot more expensive than a scratch cake though because it only made a couple doz if I remember. It did have a great flavor though.

Let me know if you find a better recipe.
Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%