What I Learned Today

Decorating By Echooo3 Updated 4 Oct 2009 , 10:52am by Echooo3

Echooo3 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 3

I am closest to God when I am delivering a cake, not so much when I am putting one together. Got to work on that.

Thank you to everyone who put up with my desperate questions these past couple of days. Finished my Topsy Turvy (twice -- ehm).

Will post a picture soon.

2 replies
indydebi Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 12:58am
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echooo3

I am closest to God when I am delivering a cake, not so much when I am putting one together. Got to work on that.

Thank you to everyone who put up with my desperate questions these past couple of days. Finished my Topsy Turvy (twice -- ehm).

Will post a picture soon.

I KNOW the feeling! thumbs_up.gif

Echooo3 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 10:52am
post #3 of 3

Here it is. My first topsy turvy. Not sure how I feel about it, as it was a very emotional experience because while putting it together, the bottom collapsed (definately MY fault) so at 2:00 AM I had to bake more cakes for a wedding that was just 12 hours away.

The bride told me the cake would be indoors so I put butter in the buttercream. Well, it was indoors, but the house had no air conditioning. It was in the upper 80's - the poor cake litterally "hung" in there.

The bride didn't want anything traditional - no white. She wanted a tan and brown topsy turvy. She said "I don't want it to look anything like a wedding cake"
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%