Did Anybody See This Demo?

Decorating By saberger Updated 4 Oct 2009 , 4:04am by cabecakes

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 4

When I went to the Great American Cake Show in MD, I saw Julie Bashore (I believe that is who it as) do a demo with fondant. She rolled it out, used a stencil on top, rubbed crisco on it, sprinkled or brushed luster dust on it, lifted the stencil and there was a beautiful design. Here was the amazing part.....she could then pick it up and cover an entire cake without smearing the design.

I gave this a try tonight and apparently I am missing a step of some sort, because it smeared. icon_cry.gif Was I supposed to rub of excess crisco or put something on TOP after applying the lusted dust? I don't know.

SOOOOO....if you this demo or know how to accomplish this, could you please let me know.

TIA

3 replies
saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:04am
post #2 of 4

anybody? Or does anybody know of another way to do this?

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 2:45am
post #3 of 4

Sounds interesting! Maybe just do it on the finished cake so you don't have to smooth over the design.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 4:04am
post #4 of 4

Is it possible that she covered the design with parchment paper or waxed paper before smoothing. You might want to try this on a dummy cake before trying it on the real thing to test some different methods. Wish I could be of more help. But I never heard of this method before.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%