Black Turns Pink?!?

Decorating By LaBellaFlor Updated 4 Oct 2009 , 6:39pm by LaBellaFlor

LaBellaFlor Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 16

So I just discovered that black can turn into a nice pink. How you wonder did I make this dicovery? Well my 3 year old who allegedly has Down Syndrome goes into my decorating cabinet and got the black coloring out. My dumb self forgot to put it back in the storage container with the other colors. I had just used it & just put it back on the shelf. Lo & behold she opens it (I didn't know she could open small jars!) and has a trail of it going down my cream colored carpeted hall way and and nice big smear in front of my bedroom door. Did I mention she also colored my white sink?!?! So scrub, scrub, scrub, it fades to dark purple. This I expected. Scrub, scrub, scrub some more it fades to violet and lo and behold it fades to a very pretty rose pink. I guess you do learn something every day...even if you don't want to!

15 replies
redpanda Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 16

Before I began using disposable bags for all dark colors, I discovered the black icing stained reusable bags a nice hot pink.

Something kind of fun that I did with my son when he was young was take strips of coffee filter and put dots of non-waterproof marker in different colors or dots of the gel icing colors about 1 inch from the end of each strip (one dot per strip). I then dipped just the end of the strip below the dot into a bowl of water. As the water absorbed up the strip, it would split apart and carry the different colors that made up the ink/icing color up the paper. You could then see the different colors of pigment that were used to make, for example, black.

LaBellaFlor Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 16

I have only ever used disposable bags. i just never knew...and now I know the hard way. icon_smile.gif

redpanda Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:08am
post #4 of 16

With the sink, you may be able to bleach out the stain using Comet cleanser (or another powdered sink cleaner with bleach). Make a thick paste of the cleanser and glob it onto the stain. Let it sit, misting it with water to keep it moist if needed, of at least 30 minutes, then scrub and rinse. This method removed stains that were caused by DH leaving the remains of a cooked beet sitting in the sink for hours when I wasn't home.

madgeowens Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:15am
post #5 of 16

you could try rubbing it with crisco to get it off?? just a thought........yes kids teach us the darndest things..........

Kitagrl Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:19am
post #6 of 16

Mr. Clean magic eraser works GREAT for those stains....and for the hardest ones, Soft Scrub with bleach...it will totally remove every last bit. But generally the Mr. Clean eraser does most of it for me.

LaBellaFlor Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:38am
post #7 of 16

Any suggestions for the getting the pink out the carpet?

redpanda Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 5:12am
post #8 of 16

oxyclean?

LaBellaFlor Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 3:52pm
post #9 of 16

I did use oxyclean. Thats how it faded to pink. Let me just keep scrubbing!

rainyone Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 4:06pm
post #10 of 16

I found this out when my cake was pink tinged under the black fondant lol

indydebi Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 4:15pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Go to walmart and buy a $5.99 throw rug. No one will EVER know! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 5:23pm
post #12 of 16

Ha,Ha,Ha. I could do that, but I still want the stain out. Oh yeah, she also got it all over behind our couch that is against the wall! How did we find out? All 3 babies crawled behind there...and came out covered in black! ((sigh))

auntiecake Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 5:45pm
post #13 of 16

Ohhhh ouch! oxyclean does work well.

Justbeck101 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 6:20pm
post #14 of 16

I had a salesman come to my door about 8 months ago and he sold me this stuff http://www.simpleclean.org/order.html

I figured I was probably getting took but this stuff really works great!! It is kinda expensive, but you dilute it so it actually works out the same as buying regular cleaning supplies.

I used it for everything. It cleaned EVERYTHING. It dissolves gum, gets ink out, all kinds of stuff. I bet it would work on your carpet. I used it on my carpet (which is very light tan) It did not leave a residue or change the color of my carpet.

I used it to mop with and it cuts right through everything.

My husband used it to clean car windows with, and there was not one streak left behind. It is also ALL natural.

So, I guess what I am trying to say, is that even if it does not work on your carpet, it will still be a good buy.

We ran out of if, but will be ordering again soon

newmansmom2004 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 6:30pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Yikes! So sorry that happened to you.

You might call a carpet cleaning service tomorrow to see if they can get it out for you. About 4 days after we moved into our current house one of our dogs had a major gastric blowout due to stress (strangers in and around the house) ALL OVER our cream colored carpet in the den. It was like walking into a very stinky mine field. I called the carpet cleaners and they were able to come and get every last bit cleaned out of the carpet, including the smell. I know - TMI - but I was shocked at how great a job they did on something so disgusting and something that leaves horrible stains. I thought we were going to have to replace all the carpet in that room but they saved the day and five years later the carpet still looks new.

LaBellaFlor Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 6:39pm
post #16 of 16

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Justbeck101, I think I'm gonna try that stuff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%