Gum Paste Glue

Baking By idgalpal Updated 4 Oct 2009 , 6:23am by deliciously_decadent

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 8

I know I've read dozens of posts on this subject but I can't seem to find anything right now by searching.
What can I use to glue some small gumpaste/fondant dots to gumpaste/fondant bows and flowers that have already hardened? I seem to recall mixing gumtex with water or maybe gum paste with water? I don't want to make up a batch of royal icing if there's another solution.
TIA~

7 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 8

You can dissolve just a bit of fondant or gumpaste in water to make the glue, or you can use Tylose and water to make a glue.

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks! I'll try th e gum paste and water.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 8

Sometimes it's hard to glue dried gumpaste onto something. I suggest you use melted chocolate.

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 8

I like a thick mixture of tylose and water. thumbs_up.gif

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 9:50pm
post #6 of 8

Since its just small dots on a bow, gumpaste in water is just fine but otherwise I would have recommended royal icing for stability.

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee-Y

Since its just small dots on a bow, gumpaste in water is just fine but otherwise I would have recommended royal icing for stability.

this

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 6:23am
post #8 of 8

i use the CMC/Tylose with boiled water (make sure its boiled to steralise) but sometimes to stick dries things like bow loops ets i use RI so that it also provides support when dry icon_smile.gif sometimes i need to hold in place with skewers, once the Ri is dried you can then remove the skewers and paych the hole this is really good for adding bows to the sides of your cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%