Where Do I Get Americolor?

Decorating By forheavenscake Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 8:46pm by adree313

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 5

I need to make black fondant in a couple weeks and have read how difficult it is to get a nice black color.
Everyone recommends using Americolor over any other food coloring. . where can I get this for the best price (including shipping)?? Is it sold in any stores or only online?
(I would prefer not to buy the pre-made black cause it doesn't taste as good).
Thanks!

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 5

If you mention what area you're in, someone here might know of a store local to you that carries it.

For example, if you're in San Antonio, you can get it at AGS.

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 5

I am in the Tampa, FL area.

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 5

I ordered straight from Americolor all big bottles, much cheaper than our local shop. Might be worth checking it out and restocking on other colors.

Think the official site is grace americolor.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 5

americolor (dot) org. i've always found them to be very reasonable. plus if you use the "cupcake" coupon code you get 20% off your entire order!

they are also very nice over there. i had an issue with my bottles leaking a little bit during shipping (didn't lose much product AT ALL) and they sent me a $5 gift certificate over an email! i just order big bottles of super black and super red from them for $6 -- shipping, tax, and all because i used my gift certificate and the "cupcake" code!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%