Chocolate Cookie Recipe

Baking By sweettooth59 Updated 4 Oct 2009 , 1:46am by goddessa12

sweettooth59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettooth59 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,

I need some help with finding the appropriate recipe, I am testing some recipes for christmas and the challenge is that the cutter is 6"x4" so I am in need of a recipe that would hold the shape with the cookie being so big, and how do you decide when a a chocolate cookie has baked long enough, seeing as how you can't watch for browing at sides. Thanks a bunch for any help offered. icon_smile.gif

sharlaine

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 6

My doneness test is the push-poke method: Push the sides of the cookie with your finger. If it feels "set", then it's done. THe trick is the level of "set-ness". My cookies are left on the parchment covered baking sheet to cool, so they continue to cook a bit after being removed from the oven.

If your cookie spreads more than you like, use the cookie cutter and re-cut them as soon as they come out of the oven. If it's an all-metal cutter, be aware the heat will go thru the cutter and the cutter will be hot to your hand after a while, so work fast. I do this frequently and it makes for a great look.

sweettooth59 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:02am
post #3 of 6

Indydebi, thanks for the response and tips, sounds like a winner now I'll just need to locate a good chocolate cookie recipe, the one I'm working with is not crisp, maybe I should use more margarine in the dough, what do you think about that suggestion?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:08am
post #4 of 6

None of my cookies are crisp. I dont' like crunchy cookies. I have found that butter makes cookies thin and crisp, and oil or shortening tends to maek cookies that are soft. Not a tried-n-true statement, but in general, that's my observation.

sweettooth59 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:39am
post #5 of 6

Indyde, Thanks for all of your help!

goddessa12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goddessa12 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 1:46am
post #6 of 6

In the recipe section here, there is an awesome chocolate sugar cookie. I made it for my in laws and they can't stop talking about it!
It's just as easy as a sugar cookie and comes out the same crunchy/softness icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%