What To Charge For Cake Truffles.......

Decorating By cathie_shinnick Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 3:25pm by cathie_shinnick

cathie_shinnick Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 5

I just got my first order for cake truffles. I make them for my family all of the time and never thought of offering them "for sale". (Dont know why, just never thought of it) lol... I have no idea as to what to charge for them. I really would appreciate any suggestions. TIA

4 replies
KHalstead Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 5

I sell them for $5.00 doz. they cost me around $1.00/ doz. to make.

My tiered cakes start at $2.25/serv. everyone else around me starts @ $1.25/serv.

(this is just to give you an idea of my area, I'm much more expensive than everyone else, but I'm busy so I don't mind lol)

others on here will tell you $5.00/doz. is way to cheap. You really have to figure out what petit fours would sell for in your area, that's pretty much how I price them. Petit fours at our local bakery are $.35/ea. so that's where I came up with my pricing.

nesweetcake Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 5

How do you make cake truffles? Thanks in advance for sharing?

cathie_shinnick Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:23pm
post #4 of 5

you can use leftover cake or bake one just to use for the truffles. Cool then crumble into a large bowl. The next step is up to you. You can either add buttercream, liquid coffee creamer ( c o f f e e m a t e ) melted chocolate, cream cheese, or whatever you can think of as a binder ( just enough to hold them together). mush together and roll into balls (about the size of a donut hole) let sit or put in the fridge. Then cover with melted chocolate...Really yummy You can also go to search and type in cake balls or cake truffles.

cathie_shinnick Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:25pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I sell them for $5.00 doz. they cost me around $1.00/ doz. to make.

My tiered cakes start at $2.25/serv. everyone else around me starts @ $1.25/serv.

(this is just to give you an idea of my area, I'm much more expensive than everyone else, but I'm busy so I don't mind lol)

others on here will tell you $5.00/doz. is way to cheap. You really have to figure out what petit fours would sell for in your area, that's pretty much how I price them. Petit fours at our local bakery are $.35/ea. so that's where I came up with my pricing.

Thank you !!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%