Idea For 2Nd Anniversary Cake...

Decorating By lardbutt Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 9:31pm by Win

lardbutt Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 2

I have an order for a 2nd anniversary cake and I have NO IDEA what to do. The husband is trying to surprise his wife. He is ummm.....kinda goofy! (I know them personally icon_lol.gif ) He first said he was thinking of putting ON THE CAKE>>> "I know we've had our ups and downs, but there's no one else I would rather have ups and downs with"......YES THOSE WERE HIS EXACT WORDS!! I told him I didn't really like that idea!

As far as the flavor, he told me she loves funfetti cake. I said I can do that! Then he calls me later and says she likes the rainbow chunks icing. I didn't even know what that was and told him...."ummm, do you think I just go buy a box mix and decorate with canned frosting? THAT'S WHAT HE THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DO! LOL

Anyway, I am at a total loss. She is sweet as pie and I want this to be special for her. Do any of you have any ideas?

1 reply
Win Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 2

2nd Anniversary is kind of fun... you could get creative:

2nd anniv is represented by gifts of cotton and china, the gem is a garnet, the color is red and the flowers are cosmos.

You could go the route of a red fondant covered cake with two tiny little white cotton hotel-style robes adorning it along with a bouquet of cosmos.

Or, you could make your cake in the shape of a basket, fill it with "cotton" gardening gloves and a gumpaste packet of cosmos seeds along with a corny line to the affect of ..."watching our love grow..."

Or, you could make a cake into a table top and go with the "china" route in plates, etc.

Just a few thoughts...

Quote by @%username% on %date%