Scared Cake Will Fall!

Decorating By BlondiezBakery Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 5:53pm by BlondiezBakery

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:39am
post #1 of 6

I just got done with a 3 tiered cake. Everything was going great, but I just got done stacking it.

I have noticed that my top tier is at an angle. I don't think it is the way the tier was. Instead, I think could have been because of my support dowels being different lengths on the different sides. I did drive one long wooden dowel through the whole thing....

But, I am so scared! This cake has to last until tomorrow night, and I can not do anything about it now.

What do you think?

5 replies
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:45am
post #2 of 6

i think you should take off the tier and get the dowels level. If you think it's not going to last until tomorrow maybe you should leave it unstacked until just a couple hours before delivery...you could even stack it upon delivery. (I have done this and it's nice)

also, I suggest getting a mini level and putting a board on top of the cake dowels before you stack the cake on top of it to make sure it's level.

good luck icon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:54am
post #3 of 6

I agree. Make sure it is level before you deliver it.

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 7:22am
post #4 of 6

Evict everything from your fridge and throw the cake in there for an hour or two to let it firm up. Then you can unstack it and fix your uneven dowels without marring your cake too bad.

Do it. You'll be glad you did. The relief you experience makes it WELL worth the effort. The stress you are going to have until you get the call that "the cake was fabulous and everybody loved it!" can be avoided. You aren't committed yet and there is still time to fix it.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 7:56am
post #5 of 6

Defonately ensure its level. next time, take care to ensure your dowels ARE level, and get a mini level to double check that. You dont want to deliver an unlevel cake (unless it supposed to be)

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 6

I got it fixed...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%