Marble Cake Disaster...

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 8:16pm by cylstrial

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:10am
post #1 of 4

Made a Marble cake for my cousins day. I just used the boxes BC mix and added and extra egg. This recipe calls for scooping out some vanilla cake mix and mixing in the cocoa powder.

A toothpick inserted in came out clean and it was just starting to pull away from the edges. Looked perfect to me.

When we cut it tonight the cake wasnt done. The vanilla part was but the chocolate marble part was still gummy.

Why do you think this happened. It is my first ever marble cake. Luckily it was for family and see still loved it but I was a little upset that is was just messed up. She lost her Grandmother (my aunt) in June and I wanted this cake to be special for her.

I didnt get a photo of the cake cut but I will post the completed cake..

3 replies
mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:11am
post #2 of 4

Ok couldnt attach it.. it is in my photos

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 4

weird. I make marble cake the same way and I've had no issues. Could it have been your ratios? I know when I mix in the cocoa, I just add a bit at a time until I like the color.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 4

I had some issues with a marble cake too. It was a scratch recipe, fully baked...but it was just too dry. Even after moistening syrup. I guess I'll have to play with that one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%