Help Please Urgent

Decorating By Echooo3 Updated 5 Oct 2009 , 4:25am by SugarFrosted

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:03am
post #1 of 7

Right now it is 1:00 AM, and I have a topsy turvy wedding cake due in 12 hours and it has been nothing but one disaster after another.

I had plan it through every detail then when I put the fondant on the bottom tier the top layer on the bottom tier fell off the side (my fault - I cut too deeply into the cake where the second tier was going to sit into).

Now I don't have enough fondant.

I had to bake more cakes - they are cooling right now. I made more buttercream and it turned out gritty - just threw it away.

So, I need ideas for quick designs. I can make more buttercream. I have 2 pouinds of royal icing made but I doubt that I can pipe that on a buttercream cake.

uggggg and this is a wedding gift for someone. Forturnately see said she didn't really care how I decorated it.

6 replies
Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:32am
post #2 of 7

So sorry to hear about your troubles, I had the exact same thing happen to me last Saturday, only not for a wedding in 12 hours. I had until Monday to fix my disaster. Are U planning on using only BC since U have no more fondant?

Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 6:05am
post #3 of 7
Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 6:29am
post #4 of 7

Yes, it is going to be just buttercream.

Just put the crumb coat on. God bless this cake.

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 7:19am
post #5 of 7

Hang in there.....GOSH I have beeeen there. I have a 24hr cake ordeal that involved rebaking three times with the last being about six hours before pick up.

You'll make it work! That's just what we do!! Best of luck and enjoy your sleep when it's all over with!

Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 3:09am
post #6 of 7

Howcdid the cake turn out?

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 4:25am
post #7 of 7

She posted a different thread with a picture: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-654288-.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%