Magic Line Or Fat Daddio Pans?

Decorating By akgirl10 Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 2:01pm by mkolmar

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:54am
post #1 of 6

I'm finally going to replace my wilton pans for some straight sided ones. Just wondering if anyone has a preference in brands? I like using 2" deep pans. Also, who has the best deals online? Thanks for any info!

5 replies
daveilg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daveilg Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 4:07am
post #2 of 6

I'm using Fat Daddios and I am happy with them. I find that they don't stain like Wilton and I have found that they are a little less expensive than other pans. I even stopped using heating core and flower nail and my cakes come up flat and even!!

HTH
Dave

kricket Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kricket Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 4:08am
post #3 of 6

I prefer Magic Line over Fat Daddio. I don't like the finish on the Fat Daddio pans. But both brands are steps above Wilton, so you'll come out ahead either way.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:17am
post #4 of 6

ML is top of the line! You won't regret it.

Fat Daddio's pans suck. I have one. It's always the very last pan I reach for.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:37am
post #5 of 6

Magic Line! icon_smile.gif They are awesome, the corners are nice and crisp too. The Fat Daddio pans need to be cooked differently and have a more rounded edge.

The only one I bought is the contour pan set....... I used a friends and didn't care for the rest of the shapes. When I bought all my sizes, I went thru Ultimate Baker and they had great prices and very reasonable shipping too. Sometimes GSA is competitive - it depends. HTH

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 6

I have both.
Fat Daddio's are much better than Wilton. However the corners on the square pan are more rounded and not nearly as crisp as the Magic Line.

Out of the 2, I prefer Magic Line much more and those are my go to pans.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%