post #1 of 54

is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

53 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:38am
post #2 of 54

Just getting started decorating a 4 tier, myself.

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:41am
post #3 of 54

Tried a new coconut cake recipe tonight cant wait to try it on my family....getting ready to make some milk chocolate ganache to fill it. As soon as I can pull myself away from CC!!!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:42am
post #4 of 54

good evening, just finished cleaning kitchen and about to start cake balls

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:43am
post #5 of 54

No orders this weekend! Wooo-Whooo! Had two free anniv cakes pickups today, and a consultation who booked on the spot (wedding is next month).

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:44am
post #6 of 54

I got nothing going on - just BORED out of my mind!! would be a good night to practice some things, but I'm just hanging out instead...

chefbetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbetty Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:46am
post #7 of 54

Hi all,

Decorating a 12" square to go with 3 sets of decorated dummies for a gala reception tomorrow night.

Chef Betty

wakezcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wakezcakez Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:46am
post #8 of 54

I'm working on a two tier Batman cake for my son's 4th birthday party! Cakes are baked...just working on icing...and getting down to decorating!

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:47am
post #9 of 54

I have my first wedding cake tomorrow!!! Have everything covered and decorated, just waiting until tomorrow to stack. Don't want to risk transporting stacked quite yet! Now just to get a good nights sleep...

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:48am
post #10 of 54

We had a bonfire to attend tonight so I had to get all my stuff done beforehand...have three cakes in the fridge, two for pickup and one for delivery. Just finished making some stars on wires to put on the one for delivery...will add the topper and stars in site (hope I get to set it up, hate when the kitchen takes it!).

Made a two tiered autumn cake...a two tiered baby shower cake...and a two tiered motorcycle cake...hard to describe that one.

leah_s Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:55am
post #11 of 54

Indy has no orders this weekend?

::thud::

Cakey1865 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey1865 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:56am
post #12 of 54

Right now I have nothing on the books for Oct. So I am freaking out... icon_eek.gif

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:57am
post #13 of 54

I'm working on a 3 tier 50th anniversary cake for delivery tomorrow afternoon. I have already finished and delivered 6 dozens cookies and a baby shower sheet cake.

But MOB (mother of the bride) fatigue hit today with a vengence and I am having a really hard time focusing and staying on my feet to get everything accomplished! If the 3 tier anniversary cake had not been for the grandparents of my 'hope-to-be daughter-in-law one of these days' -- I never would have taken the order. Of course - I never would have dreamed they would want something that could be considered a wedding cake anyway!!

So I will be here for a while . . . . I will check back in. If anyone has any extra energy they can send my way I would appreciate it!!

Suze

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:57am
post #14 of 54

Good evening everyone! How are things going so far??

I am working on a small two tier anniversary cake for tomorrow, and a small order of cupcakes for the hospital.

Just finished making a couple batches of fondant and bc.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:59am
post #15 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Heh!

I have a cupcake wedding tomorrow. Just waiting for the last to bake, will ice and trim in the morning (BCs all made - hope there's enough!).

Still need to finish flowers on the 6" cutting cake.

SJ169 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:00am
post #16 of 54

oh suzycakes you can do it!

How was your daughters wedding?? It was last weekend right??

leah_s Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:00am
post #17 of 54

"Go Suzy! Go Suzy! Go Suzy!"

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:03am
post #18 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

It was kinda planned. Daughter and her husband left for a 10th anniversary cruise yesterday. We were scheduled to keep the 2 grandkids, so I kept this weekend open. Then his parents decided it would be a good time for them to spend time with the kids so they drove in from New Jersey to spend a few days with their grandkids! What a great time they are going to have, since they don't get to see their grandkids but about twice a year!

So that leaves me with a free weekend. I'm heading over there tomorrow to make sure everything is ok .... plus I just LOVE spending time with my daughter's mother-in-law. She's the only person I know who can talk more than ME!

procrastibaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
procrastibaker Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:07am
post #19 of 54

Finished for the night, made desserts for a bridal shower tomorrow. brownie petite fours, cake balls , bourbon cayenne truffles, marshmallow pops, and chocolate cups to be filled with cheese cake tomorrow. Goodnight!

Luvsthedogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luvsthedogs Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:11am
post #20 of 54

Made a new recipe today, white cake with lime, lime curd, and whipped cream frosting. Also has blueberries between the three layers and on top. Can't wait for my company to arrive tomorrow to cut it!

Making brownies, too.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:15am
post #21 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

plus I just LOVE spending time with my daughter's mother-in-law. She's the only person I know who can talk more than ME!

icon_eek.gif
icon_confused.gif
sorry... i'm just trying to wrap my head around BOTH of these things.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif just kidding!

kind of icon_confused.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:17am
post #22 of 54

Two tiers based iced. Two to go.

SJ169 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:19am
post #23 of 54
Quote:
Quote:

indydebi wrote:
plus I just LOVE spending time with my daughter's mother-in-law. She's the only person I know who can talk more than ME!

sorry... i'm just trying to wrap my head around BOTH of these things.

just kidding!

kind of

hahaha

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:21am
post #24 of 54

No caking tonight...watched the Wedding Cake Wars show that I missed when it was on a couple weeks ago.

sew4children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sew4children Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:26am
post #25 of 54

Delivered a 10" Tiffany Gift Box cake this afternoon. I am icing a sheet cake then decorating as a Driver's License for a boy turning 16 tomorrow. My hubby's birthday is Sunday so I am taking the remainder of the weekend off!

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:48am
post #26 of 54

Could someone please help me? icon_smile.gif I am doing a small two tier cake (8 &6 ") iced in buttercream. I've only done fondant covered stacked cakes before. Do i just stack the top tier on the bottom one with just the cake board under it? Will it get yucky sitting directly on the BC? I've got some dowels in the bottom layer already.

Thanks, any advice helps!

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:56am
post #27 of 54

working on a dallas cowboys star groom's cake, 100 miniature bride and groom gingerbread cookies and a thomas the train themed cake. very tired and very overwhelmed! but hey, there's always tomorrow! icon_smile.gif

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:58am
post #28 of 54

blah...nothing going on this week. I have an order of 36 mini cupcakes for Sunday so no rush tonight. I did just sign my first wedding cake contract today, so that was kind of exciting

sew4children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sew4children Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:59am
post #29 of 54

chelseak, I'm not an expert by any means. But the two bc tiered cakes that I have done were both just the cake boards. I know that a lot of people on CC use the sps system, but I'm still using the traditional cake boards.

Good luck!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 4:07am
post #30 of 54

Evening, folks.
I usually do my lurking on Sat. morning because I can't keep my eyes open this late, but I have been baking my buns off tonight so I thought I would join in.

Only had one decorated cake for a friend's baby's baptism, but I have been baking items for a bake sale tomorrow. 3-layer Blackberry Jam Cake with caramel icing, Stack pies with caramel icing (LOVE that caramel icing!) , apple cake, pecan pie and brown sugar chess pie. Didn't get started until about 8 after I delivered the baptism cake, so I've still got some work to do.

I might learn to like this night life.
Hey, I just realized it's after midnight. It's my birthday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%