Mmf Help...please!!!!!!!

Decorating By Eileenscakes Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 4:41am by ambercscott87

Eileenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eileenscakes Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 1:17am
post #1 of 5

Hello,

I am making a cake tonight for tomorrow and thought I would be proactive and make my MMF earlier in the week...thing is I seem to have made it a little too early. It won't stick together icon_cry.gif Do I have to make another batch or is there a way to make it useable again????

Any help at all would be appreciated.

4 replies
mysonbronson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysonbronson Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 1:25am
post #2 of 5

Have you tried putting it in the microwave for a little while to make it more pliable?

Eileenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eileenscakes Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 1:28am
post #3 of 5

I did put it in for 30 seconds at 50% but that did not do anything. I also tried just taking a little at a time and kneeding it but it still did not stick....

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 1:40am
post #4 of 5

When you say "did not stick" do you mean it's hard? Did you coat it in shortening and wrap it up tightly in plastic wrap after you made it?

At first it will seem hard, but microwaving it in 10 second intervals full power and then kneed, kneed and kneed some more. You may have to add a little bit of Crisco/shortening to soften it up some.

ambercscott87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ambercscott87 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 4:41am
post #5 of 5

microwave it for like 15 seconds, less if its a small amount, more if its a larger amount. and knead it like the pp said.

I had the same problem a few months ago and was going to give up on using MMF buuut today I did my first fondant covered three tiered cake with MMF and the microwave did the trick!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%