Cel Board

Decorating By frostie Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 12:31am by Uniqueask

frostie Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 3

Can somebody please tell me what cel boards and pens are and what they would be used for?

Thanks!

2 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 12:06am
post #2 of 3

Cel Boards are used for rolling out gumpaste. They have little slots in them that the dough goes into and when you get it rolled out to where you want it, you take it off the board, flip it over and cut the petal or leaf shapes, then insert the wire into the little groove where the gumpaste went into the slot. This is now the back of your petal. I personally don't like cutting on the cell board -- it's too hard and I don't get a clean cut. I like the vinyl mats for cutting instead. The Cell Pins are used for rolling (the thick one), and they all have a rounded end and a pointed end. The rounded end is used for a ball tool and the pointy end is to hollow out centers for various flowers. But primarily they're all used for gumpaste work.

Uniqueask Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 12:31am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Cel Boards are used for rolling out gumpaste. They have little slots in them that the dough goes into and when you get it rolled out to where you want it, you take it off the board, flip it over and cut the petal or leaf shapes, then insert the wire into the little groove where the gumpaste went into the slot. This is now the back of your petal. I personally don't like cutting on the cell board -- it's too hard and I don't get a clean cut. I like the vinyl mats for cutting instead. The Cell Pins are used for rolling (the thick one), and they all have a rounded end and a pointed end. The rounded end is used for a ball tool and the pointy end is to hollow out centers for various flowers. But primarily they're all used for gumpaste work.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Ditto

I just bought one, for the stargazerlilly tutorial, from edna so excited.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%