Peek-A-Boo Baby Blanket

Decorating By frostie Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 12:34pm by CakesByLJ

frostie Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 6

I was watching a short video on Yummy Arts where the decorator made a cute baby shower cake. She was making a "baby blanket" and it looked like it was made from buttercreme, but she was able to pick it all up and place it exactly how she wanted. Does anybody know if that can be done with buttercreme or did she use something else? Just wondering. You should really check it out. It was cute!

5 replies
caseyhayes Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 6

Frostie, I get their emails and always save them. I went back and looked at that one and I think it is BC. It sure looked like it.

caseyhayes Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 12:02am
post #3 of 6

Ok I googled it and one web site said to put it on top of saranwrap.

caseyhayes Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 12:13am
post #4 of 6

icon_redface.gif Oh duh, I just went back and looked at it again and that's exactly what she did. Sorry icon_rolleyes.gif

icer101 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:34am
post #5 of 6

yes, i use to make that cake a lot.. you double the saran wrap. i made it more oblong... pipe different color stripes.. according to the theme. place the baby in center of cake.. then i piped roses around blanket.. booties. rattle .. etc.. then pipe a border around the blanket also.. i seen this in american cake decorating magazine. and loved it.. anytime i make it.. it is well received..i also love making it.. in any color

CakesByLJ Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 12:34pm
post #6 of 6

I have one in my photos; It's of a baby teddy bear under the blanket, sitting on a mattress.... They were indeed very popular years ago... I still think they are cute... icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%