Liability Insurance.

Business By BakingGirl Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 3:19am by BakingGirl

BakingGirl Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 4

I am just wondering if you licensed bakers carry liability insurance? How much is it normal to pay per year? Do you get it from any insurance company or are there special companies to go to for that?

I am getting closer to being able to go professional. I have just found out that I am not able to establish a limited liability company where I live for my purpose, so will have find some other way to cover my behind should I encounter some sue-happy customer in the future.

3 replies
SliceCakeStudio Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:32pm
post #2 of 4

I've heard in the neighborhood of $600 per year. I'm still waiting on paperwork from my insurance agent, but I'd say $500 - $800 per year range would be "normal". Just what I've heard.

indydebi Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:43pm
post #3 of 4

I am just wondering if you licensed bakers carry liability insurance?

If you're running a business, buying liability insurance should be the SECOND thing you buy .... right after you pay the licensing fees. I can't imagine someone being licensed and in business without it.

It may vary from location to location, but in general I'd say it runs from $250 to $600 a year.

Don't shop this yourself with an insurance company. COntact an insurance agent. They are the ones licensed in this contract law called insurance and they can find the best deal with the best coverage for what you need.

BakingGirl Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:19am
post #4 of 4

Thanks to both of you for your helpful replies. I don't live in the US but I am likely to encounter a few destination wedding customers, so I want to make sure I am well covered in case someone had buyers remorse and decide to go down the "sue the vendors" route to recover the cost of their weddings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%