Fudge Frosting Question

Decorating By kake4me2 Updated 4 Oct 2009 , 12:40pm by cathie_shinnick

kake4me2 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know what that great looking fudge frosting is they use at ...say a grocery store on their chocolate cakes(usuallly has a chocolate trasfer around it and is boardered with the fudge frosting). Is this Spread and Gloss...where can I find this stuff or does someone have a recipe?

Thx for your help

8 replies
littlecake Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:08am
post #2 of 9

you can buy it in 50 pound pails at sams....i use it all the time.

you can mix it in your buttercream for the best ch. icing ever.

i melt it and enrobe cakes with it.

SimplyM Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:18am
post #4 of 9

Your cake looks similiar to a ganache. Can it be piped though?


JanH Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 7:49am
post #5 of 9
littlecake Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 1:40pm
post #6 of 9

it can be piped just for simple stuff like borders...i've used it for leaves before.

it tastes great and is really smooth....

i ran out before and made a home made ganash....imo it didn't taste as good....and was harder to work with, and a lot more expensive,,,,50 pounds at sams costs 36 bucks.

sugarMomma Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 1:51pm
post #7 of 9

I always make ganache and it can get expensive. I would love to try this product, but I am only an occasional baker. Does this come in less than a 50 lb. bucket? And do you think it would firm up like ganache to be used under fondant?

littlecake Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 3:17am
post #8 of 9

just a 50 pound bucket....i use it to make chocolate frosting too....iit goes faster than you would think.....since it's comm. grade it has a really long shelf life.

i don't use fondant for covering cakes, so idon't know sorry.

cathie_shinnick Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 12:40pm
post #9 of 9

Do you ask for it at the bakery? Im going to try this !

Quote by @%username% on %date%