Gotta Love Vista Print!!!!

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 3:38pm by KHalstead

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, so I'm sure you all know that vista print is great for cheap business cards (I get mine there).....anyhow, I've been trying to figure out some cookie platters and dessert platters to sell at Christmas time. Well, when I consulted my mom about this, she said.....I don't know about cookies, but everytime I walk into the break room at work with some kind of a box everyone jumps up and says "are those your daughter's cake truffles?" and then she has to tell them "no, it's copier paper" lol

So she suggested I should offer a tray of different flavors of cake truffles, insisting that the people at her work would go nuts for them and buy a ton.

So I sat down and figured up 6 flavors of cake truffles and then I thought, I'll have to color code them somehow (can't just do all red and green for Christmas) like chocolates are so that people can tell them apart. So I figured out color combos for them all and then I thought, it would be really cool to include a paper or card or something that shows them the different color combos and the flavors they represent.

Then I thought, it would look so much nicer to have a photo of each cake truffle (but I didn't feel like making them all)....so I thought "why not use a paint program and make fake ones?" so that's what I did
I added the text to show the flavors and just uploaded it on vista print and right now I have 250 "business cards" with this photo on the front (blank on the back because it was cheap, I'm going to add an address label to the back with all my company info on it) being shipped to me for a total cost of $8.16! I'm going to punch a hole in the corner and string it on a ribbon and include it with the bow on the wrapped platter.

Gotta love vista print

Here's the photo
LL

2 replies
jdconcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdconcc Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 3

That is a fabulous idea! It will look so professional. I use them for my website too, I think they're great. I could just demolish your truffles now!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 3

thanks, that's what I was going for was a more professional look, yet still a little homemade at the same time. I know the truffles aren't perfectly "drizzled" and that's ok..I liked the look of that better (since the real thing will be randomly drizzled as well)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%