Calling All Louisiana Home Bakers

Decorating By idoteech Updated 17 Oct 2009 , 7:12pm by tmcakes

idoteech Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 3

I personally think it is ridiculous that we cannot bake out of our homes. We all need to ban together to contact our legislators.

They closed the incubator kitchen in Gonzales, so the only one in Louisiana is now in Norco, which is over an hour from me.

Do any of you have any info. on a shared kitchen in the Baton Rouge/Denham Springs area? I desperately want to open a business, but I sure can't afford a storefront. Any info would be great!

Thanks my La. pals & Go Saints & Tigers!

2 replies
alexj9988 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 3

I think it's bs too. I am in Laffy, and I just got a kitchen of sorts. A local caterer, is going to let mt use her kitchen, as long as the cake is for one of her events, but she will also recomend me to her clients.

tmcakes Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 3

No kidding I'm in Hammond/Ponhatoula area and have had no success with finding a kitchen to rent ...I have a business licence but could not get the approval from city zoning to convert my extra "detached" space to a commercial kitchen icon_cry.gif But on the flip side of things the Health department approve my floor plan they told me soon as I had everything in place call and schedule the inspection. So why did zoning a a problem with it, I have no idea and could not waste my time going back and forth pushing the issue. So I'm in for what ever needs to be done! Keep me posted!

Quote by @%username% on %date%