Candy Candy Costume

Lounge By Maydo Updated 17 Oct 2009 , 4:10pm by Maydo

Maydo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maydo Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 6

In our house, buying a costume is as big of a sin as buying a cake.
That said, the 4 year old wants to be a cnady cane. She has been singing that song for 2 months now and she is stuck.
I searched in the internet and there is one home-made costume that some lady made by wrapping her kid in duct tape and letting her hold a candy cane. I got the point, it was cute, but I aspire to more. The internet held no other answers.
My husband and I are stumped. Any ideas on a hat kind on thing? Any? I thought I'd ask some people who have the creative-know-it-all that we need! Help please! thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 6

How cute that she wants to be a candy cane..hehe. I would go the route like the crayon costumes. Should be easy to make. Just make a long rectangle with an open bottome and holes for the arms and head. Either paint stripes or use different color tapes or if you could find some red and white stiped material to use. For a hat I would use the same material (fleece is great to work with). You can make a template of the curve of the candy cane and sew it. You could either stuff to make it puff out. You may have to use a bunch of bobby pins or something to keep it on the head. Good luck with it. I'm sure whatever you come up with will be great. Be sure to post a pic when it's done.

micabean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 8:38am
post #4 of 6

Look at DR. Suess "cat in the hat" The hat always reminded me of a candy cane.

Mike

seasonsmoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seasonsmoke Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 11:27pm
post #5 of 6

Get a hat and wrap it in red and white striped wrapping paper. You could do the same with a vest. Post a picture of the custume when you are done making it. No matter what idea you end up using.

Maydo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maydo Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 6

She will wear a red shirt, candy cane socks and hold a santa.... but here it is...
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%