Cake Topper Out Of Flat Gumpaste Gerber Daisies?

Decorating By CherryBlossomCakesDC Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 2:42pm by all4cake

CherryBlossomCakesDC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryBlossomCakesDC Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:07am
post #1 of 6

Hi! This is my first post. I'm doing a wedding cake for Saturday - the bride wants gumpaste gerber daisies. They're all made but I didn't put them on wires and I can't figure out a good way to make a 3D cake topper out of them. Any ideas? I still have time to do a few more this morning, but I also don't know how to put them on wires, since they are so flat!
Thanks!

5 replies
jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:47am
post #2 of 6

You can make a ball of fondant and use buttercreme to attach your daisies giving them some height on top of the cake.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:05pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know how big your top tier is, but I have made gumpaste floral toppers by baking mini ball cakes/mini wondermold cakes, covering with fondant and then attaching the flowers with royal icing (much better for gluing things than buttercream). This cake topper was done this way:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1380027.html

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:14pm
post #4 of 6

beautiful cake MyBabysDaddySnatcher aka MikeRowesHunny!

CherryBlossomCakesDC, I would recommend that your centers be attached to stiff wire (making sure to do the hooky thing at the end and dip it in gum glue)...slide petal portion of flower up to meet it (or the center down to meet the petals) (making sure to use gum gue to attach the two pieces)....then the sepal (that green leafy thing up against the backs of flowers...whatever it's called)...bend the wire to whatever angle you want the flower near the sepal area...add a small ball as the final piece(once it's in place, taper it so it looks like a hershey kiss butted up next to the sepal...oh yeah, and don't forget to attach the last two pieces with gumglue as well.)

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:29pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

beautiful cake MyBabysDaddySnatcher aka MikeRowesHunny!

LMBO! There just aren't enough Mikes to go around huh? LOL

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 6

I seriously think it's 'cause he's such a smartass...omg! Like House! I'd like to get into it with either one of 'em! Into it...meaning uh...a heated discussion....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%