How Do I Get Orange Chocolate Ganash?

Baking By Caths_Cakes Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 2:32pm by prterrell

Caths_Cakes Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 10:14am
post #1 of 6

Hi all icon_smile.gif Im making a devils chocoalte food cake, And normally i would use just a plain milk chocolate ganash, but i really want to make a chocolate orange ganash, as the receipient of the cake LOVES it. thing is, ive never done it before lol, i was just wondering how you did it ?

ive got some ideas, Using orange peel/Juice fresh into the ganash/cream. Using a bar of chocolate already with orange flavouring. Or using orange extract which is quite strong so you only need a drop.

As i said, theses are just ideas, Has anyone out there put them into practise at all? Any advice would be great, i dont want the orange to over power the chocolate, just to be a nice compliment icon_smile.gif

thankyou!

5 replies
Melnick Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 10:27am
post #2 of 6

Use orange liquere (I think Grand Maniere is orange flavoured). Just start with one or two teaspoons. You add it just after you've added the cream and mix it through.

If you look up truffle recipes on the Net, you will find that they add liqueres to flavour the ganache.

I made coconut flavoured white ganache the other night - I used Malibu to flavour it (2 teaspoons) and it was soooo yummy! I iced it over a white choc - coconut flavoured mudcake

Caths_Cakes Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 10:53am
post #3 of 6

That sounds delish! Thankyou SO much melnick icon_smile.gif i never thought about truffles, well definately give that a look over icon_smile.gif Thanks once a gain! x

underthesun Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:19am
post #4 of 6

My husband makes truffles all the time. Using orange peel, take off as much of the white inside part as possible and infuse it into your cream. To compliment add a bit of orange liquer. A little lemon peel will bring out the orange flavoring.

pouchet82 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:58am
post #5 of 6

I have make it with lindt orange flavored chocolate bars, the only problem is that the chocolate bar was a bit grainy, so the ganache came out grainy

prterrell Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 6

Like the PP's said, infuse cream with orange peel (I'd bend it around over the cream before adding it to help release the oils in the peel which contain the scent and flavor), add orange liqueur to the ganache, and if you need still more orange flavor, add a drop or two of the Lorann's oil.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%