Cake Wrapped In Chocolate

Decorating By morphis1208 Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 5:14pm by JodieF

morphis1208 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 4:52am
post #1 of 5

How do you wrap a cake in chocolate without using a transfer sheet? Is there better brand of chocolate that holds up better than another. Any how to's and additonal info is appreciated.

Thanks

4 replies
Skirt Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:34am
post #2 of 5

I wrapped a cake in dark and white chocolate
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1449497

I used freezer paper instead of acetate. It worked GREAT icon_smile.gif . I used a block of 'bark' chocolate for the white and chocolate chips for the dark. I tried doing another cake using just chocolate chips. It wrapped great and looked great until I got into a warm car and the chocolate wave that I had made above the cake then proceeded to melt onto the cake. Oops! Just make sure a chocolate that will hold up at room temp! HTH icon_smile.gif

Rylan Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:49am
post #3 of 5

I've use freezer paper, parchment and even wax paper. I use regular chocolate chips (some cheap some not) and after 100's of wrapped cheesecakes I've done in my lifetime, it never failed on me.

kickasscakes Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 5

I have used wax paper, (I think) but it is not smooth and shiny like the look that acetate gives...

JodieF Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:14pm
post #5 of 5

For the cake in my avatar I used freezer paper. You can cut it to length, which is really helpful. I used chocolate chips with a tiny bit of shortening in it.

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%