Cake Wrapped In Chocolate

Decorating By morphis1208 Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 5:14pm by JodieF

morphis1208 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morphis1208 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 4:52am
post #1 of 5

How do you wrap a cake in chocolate without using a transfer sheet? Is there better brand of chocolate that holds up better than another. Any how to's and additonal info is appreciated.

Thanks

4 replies
Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:34am
post #2 of 5

I wrapped a cake in dark and white chocolate
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1449497

I used freezer paper instead of acetate. It worked GREAT icon_smile.gif . I used a block of 'bark' chocolate for the white and chocolate chips for the dark. I tried doing another cake using just chocolate chips. It wrapped great and looked great until I got into a warm car and the chocolate wave that I had made above the cake then proceeded to melt onto the cake. Oops! Just make sure a chocolate that will hold up at room temp! HTH icon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:49am
post #3 of 5

I've use freezer paper, parchment and even wax paper. I use regular chocolate chips (some cheap some not) and after 100's of wrapped cheesecakes I've done in my lifetime, it never failed on me.

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 5

I have used wax paper, (I think) but it is not smooth and shiny like the look that acetate gives...

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:14pm
post #5 of 5

For the cake in my avatar I used freezer paper. You can cut it to length, which is really helpful. I used chocolate chips with a tiny bit of shortening in it.

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%