Caramel Mud Cake Recipe

Baking By Briarview Updated 10 Oct 2009 , 1:19am by Briarview

Briarview Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:53am
post #1 of 4

I was on one of the forum pages the other day and copied a recipe for Caramel Muds Cake 3 different recipes and one of the users spoke of the Bakery Sugarcraft recipe which I have a copy of but don't have the directions just the ingredients. I have searched on here but cannot find the post. It is the one with sour cream in the recipe. Can someone please help. Thanks

3 replies
Briarview Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:10am
post #2 of 4

I have now made the cake using my own take on the directions and it has turned out beautifully and tastes just yummy. Sorry no one can help but thanks anyway.

auzzi Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 7:17am
post #3 of 4

Preheat oven to 160°C or 140°C fan forced. Grease and line a 22cm deep cake tin.

Place butter, chocolate, brown sugar and golden syrup in a medium sized saucepan. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Stir the mixture as it cools to ensure the sugar has all dissolved.

Beat in the eggs and the vanilla essence. Beat in the flour and sour cream. Pour into prepared tin.

Bake for 1½ hours, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cover the cake with foil if it is browning too quickly. Cool the cake in tin before turning out.

Briarview Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 1:19am
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much auzzi. I am away from home at the moment but will give it another whirl when I get back.

Quote by @%username% on %date%