Anyone Here A Pilot Or Fire Fighter?

Lounge By Ashlynn Updated 5 Oct 2009 , 11:47pm by kakeladi

Ashlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ashlynn Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:37am
post #1 of 7

Im a newbie and was just wondering if there was anyone here that was a pilot or a fire fighter? Im 20 yrs old and have a hard time finding women I can relate to. Don't get me wrong I like wearing heels and being girly with the best of them but its not in my daily routine icon_smile.gif .

This summer I began Wing Walking, which is exactly what it sounds like. I walk out onto the wing of an airplane during flight, hang upside down off it by my knees, ect. BUT I love it. I also have my pilots license.

I've been a fire fighter for two years, wouldn't trade it for the world.

Got the flying and the fire fighting from my dad, my mom is VERY happy I'm interesting in cake decorating, its the safest thing I've ever wanted to do.

Anyways I didnt know if there was anyone here who maybe like to fly or was on a fire department.

Ash

6 replies
Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:00am
post #2 of 7

That is absolutely freaking awesome.

How did you come up with the courage to start wing walking???that blows my mind, ivev always been fascinated by it.

I grew up around airplanes as my dad is obsessed with them and has his private pilots license. Im his assistant mechanic. Together we have rebuilt and built from scratch several airplanes. Im gonna start working on getting my pilots license in the spring- just not enough time right now, plus then my dad's new airplane will be ready so I won't have to pay for airtime at the local school.

Don't worry you are not the only non girly girl here, Im that way too.

Congratulations on being a firefighter. compared to wing walking it seems tame icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:54am
post #3 of 7

Wow..that is fantastic...some people never get tp experience either wing walking or fire fighting so Kudos to you!!

Welcome to CC...at least if you burn a cake you'll know how to put it out and save the FD a trip..HA!HA! Just kidding!!!

SS385Monte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SS385Monte Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:54pm
post #4 of 7

Can't say I've done either, although I did grow up in a family of pilots. I've thought about getting my pilots license, but unless I win the lottery that's not happening any time soon. icon_smile.gif I can sympathize though. I LOOOOOVE drag racing and let me tell you how many females I know just get a dumb look on their faces when I start talking about my aluminum heads, 525/525 cam, and 750 carb. I was trying to convince one of the guys to join a (female drag racing) friend and I for a drink the other night and he wouldn't because he figured it would be all "girl talk." I tried to explain to him that I didn't think drag racing and camshafts were really girl talk. icon_razz.gif

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 7

Ok, don't like to fly, could never wing walk EVER!

However, I was a volunteer fire fighter for 5 years, a 911 dispatcher for 5 years. My hubby is still a volunteer and is a state certified fire fighter, and a staff officer for the department.

The only reason I stopped is because of our daughter, we can't both do it and since he had been a volunteer since he was a teenager, I stepped down.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 11:13pm
post #6 of 7

There was a point in my life where I had the opportunity to become a flight attendant for Saudia Airlines (uncle was a pilot there) but I didn't take the chance because I will have to be away from my family.

Anyways, I've always wanted to become a firefighter but I'm scared I might not get out of the fire or have burns.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Oct 2009 , 11:47pm
post #7 of 7

I was a FF back in the mid '60s thru 80s icon_smile.gif 2 different volunteer depts. Back then there was NO chance of becoming a 'regular' FF icon_smile.gif It's such an terrific job. Where I started was an isolated canyon 35 miles from the nearest town.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%