Bakery Buisness

Business By cakepanpam Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 11:42pm by SliceCakeStudio

cakepanpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakepanpam Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:49am
post #1 of 4

I am thinking about opening up a bakery soon.... within the next year and I was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions to give me about running a business. I am excited but also nervous at the same time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. As you can tell if you look at my pics that I have done a lot of baking, I don't think I'm the best but I do feel like I could make a go at it and my heart and soul would be dedicated to this. Thanks.

3 replies
wespam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wespam Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:00am
post #2 of 4

Hi Pam, another Pam here from Alabama. I've had my shop open for a little over 3 years now. If you want to pm me I will be glad to offer what I can. What part of Alabama are you from? Pam from Bama

leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:24am
post #3 of 4

Hey,

This is Pat from Bama, I am about 20 min. away from Pam. I had my shop for about 3 yrs also. Where are you at in Alabama?

pat

SliceCakeStudio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SliceCakeStudio Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 4

Find SCORE online and download a template for a business plan. Your local SBA (small biz admin) should have free counselors available to sit down and help you develop your business plan and make sure all is sound. It will force you to look at every detail, and if you reach a place where your business is not working, you'll be able to see exactly why and where to tweak your plan. SCORE is www.score.org

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%