What Is The Fastest Way To Get Fondant To Dry The Fastest

Decorating By luvhavinbgtwins Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 2:37pm by luvhavinbgtwins

luvhavinbgtwins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvhavinbgtwins Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:39am
post #1 of 10

I am using MMF and I made a handle for a purse cake...well I need to make another one.......I am not able to get to the store...but I need to make a new one...what is the way to dry fondant as fast as possible..
Thanks

9 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:43am
post #2 of 10

Some people put it in the oven with the light turned on and the oven turned off. The trick is to remember that you have something in there and not turn the oven on icon_biggrin.gif

Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:59am
post #3 of 10

DO NoT put MMF in the oven, you will have a huge mess! I learned the hard way. When i need something to dry really fast, I use Wiltons and put it in the oven on 200 for a couple of minutes and then pull it out and let it cool. It will harden as it cools.

luvhavinbgtwins Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:18am
post #4 of 10

All I have is MMF and is already done I just need it hard....I tried to put something in the middle of it but that didnt work I couldnt get the shape....i cant run to the store to get anything differ..... I heard using a hair dyer will that work on MMF????

Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:53am
post #5 of 10

I've never tried a hairdryer, just be careful of getting it too hot. Let me know if it works. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

luvhavinbgtwins Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:59am
post #6 of 10

I dont know what to do ..my handle is breaking and not drying...I wish I had gum paste or something to make here at home..I have to get this done in the a.m but w/out going anywhere......is there anything to add to fondant that I might have to make it harder???

I might have to make a handle that lays down but its not going to go w/the look I have going icon_sad.gif

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:28am
post #7 of 10

I'm sorry this happened-- i don't have any mmf advice but was wondering if you have any candy melts or chocolate bark & candy coloring? if so, you could pipe a handle onto wax paper and freeze for just a few minutes.

If not, you could make one for the oven light method...and have another handle on standby in case it doesn't harden and you have to lay the straps down.

Good Luck!

krazyb5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazyb5 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:33am
post #8 of 10

put some tylose mixed in, that's what I used for my purse handles, good luck

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:09pm
post #9 of 10

In a pinch you can mix the powdered denture adhesive to make it like gumpaste (mix it in with the fondant). To get it to dry faster, set a fan in front of the piece, do not use heat. Turn the piece over several times so both sides of it dry too.

luvhavinbgtwins Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:37pm
post #10 of 10

OK I found some rice krispe cereal.....I am going to try and do that....my only thing is how do I do it...
the box I have doesnt have the recipe
Can I just use Marshmellow and the cereal and mold it into to a shape (I thought you needed butter I could be wrong, its been ages since I have made rice krispe treats)
any way once I do that make more MMF I do I mold that around it.....it was easy to just roll and form my handle but to open it and mold around the treat....I will have to peace that together....
The handle I was going for was on top to stick up and curl around the eges and that is where is put into the cake hope that makes sence.

hope its ok but here is a sort of pic of what I am wanting to do but more wider in a sence

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gdTzLEbknwk/SQ23GQRLpMI/AAAAAAAAK08/xP7tIi8sD4g/s320/Purse+Cake.2.JPG

Thanks so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%