Truffles

Sugar Work By luvlaugh Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 12:50am by djs328

luvlaugh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvlaugh Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 5

I make truffles every year for the holidays, and I've always wanted to make mocha truffles. How much coffee should be put into the recipe? Does anyone have a recipe for mocha truffles?

4 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 5

Don't have a recipie - but sounds really good, I'll have to watch for the responses! Welcome to cc!

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:02am
post #3 of 5

I have mocha truffles on my menu.
What I do is make a dark chocolate cake, and add about 4 tablespoons of very strong coffee (starbucks) to the batter.
Then when I crumble it up, I mix the cake with cream cheese and more strong coffee. Keep tasting as you mix so you know to add more or not.
Then after dipping, I top each one with a chocolate covered espresso bean.

bekahzzz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahzzz Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:41am
post #4 of 5

If you use cream to make your ganache for the truffles, you can simpley infuse the cream with coffee...you can use either coffee or espresso grounds and then strain the cream and heat it again to make the ganache. I find this way works for just about any flavor.

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:50am
post #5 of 5

Do you mean chocolate truffles or cake truffles?

Regardless, I've found that the coffee flavor develops over time...I made a cake filling once and I kept adding coffee b/c I thought it wasn't coffee-y enough...it was SOO strong by the time we ate the cake, almost more like espresso than mocha! LIve and learn! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%