Help! What Kind Of Filling....

Decorating By chelseak Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 1:49am by chelseak

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 5

My friend wanted a vanilla custard filling, but I need to start the cake on Friday night Delivering Saturday afternoon) and it is going to be covered in black fondant. I can't put it in the fridge because I don't want the fondant to bleed.... She doesn't really want buttercream, any ideas on what kind of filling to use that might be ok, out of the fridge....that still has the creamy sort of texture/flavor? TIA icon_smile.gif

4 replies
MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 5

Hi! I'm really going out on a limb here, because I (personally) don't like the stuff... But they make the pre-made fillings in plastic sleeves. Cake supply stores carry them. They make different flavors from basic vanilla to fruit. I believe that they are what you may be looking for.

HTH! icon_smile.gif

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:45am
post #3 of 5

what about using 'snack pack' pudding? Like the ones they make shelf stable to put in kids lunches. I'm not sure how long they are 'shelf stable' once opened but it is an idea...

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:01am
post #4 of 5

I use the sleeve fillings and love them. The favorite of my cake recipiants and customers is the Bavarian cream filling, which sounds like what you want.

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:49am
post #5 of 5

Well I convinced her to go with a vanilla bean buttercream. Yay! Problem averted.

Thanks for the ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%