Vanilla Sugar Cookie Cake (Cupcakes)

Baking By jwiatrek Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 2:13am by cylstrial

jwiatrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jwiatrek Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone tried making this cake or cupcakes with this batter? I attempted making cupcakes from it yesterday and they tasted WONDERFUL but didn't bake into cupcakes! About 15 minutes into baking they went from being beautiful puffed cupcakes to chewy hockey pucks with a crust on top. They sunk! There was a crust on top and the rest of the cupcake was at the bottom of the liner. Hardly a cupcake. The recipe calls for a ton of sugar, would this be part of the problem? Also, I didn't beat the egg whites before adding them to the butter and suger. If I do that will it help? The last comment is that once cooled the liners stick horribly and have to be torn away. I haven't had this problem before. Is it because of the high sugar content and/or cheap Wilton liner?

Please help!! I am wanting to find the perfect white, chocolate, and pink cupcake recipes for my daughter's first birthday and this white cake tastes AWESOME! I just have to figure out how to turn it into a cupcake instead of a cookie.

Also, if you have a favorite cupcake recipe you would like to share I am up for suggestions. I am wanting to have brown (chocolate), pink (strawberry, rasberry or "pink velvet"- anything pink), and white cupcakes to go along with the color scheme.

THANK YOU!!

2 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:09am
post #2 of 3

Unfortunately, not all cake recipes turn into great cupcake recipes. LOL. I know, because I'm always trying them.

The Killer Chocolate Cake recipe on here is delicious! You could use that for your brown. It works well as a cupcake and cake recipe.

Good luck!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:13am
post #3 of 3

Here ya go! I thought I'd post the recipe for you in case you're interested.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2182/killer-chocolate-cake

It sounds like I'll have to try the Sugar Cookie Cake recipe. Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%