Brush Embroidery

Decorating By dnrlee Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 5:34pm by Rylan

dnrlee Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 12

I'm going to give it a try but have a question. Do I use buttercream or royal icing?

11 replies
Rylan Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 12

I prefer to use royal icing.

crazydoglady Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 12

rylan - do you prefer royal icing because it's a better result or easier to use?

thanks

Rylan Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 12

I prefer to use royal icing because I feel that it is stronger than buttercream and dries very well and hard. I have a friend who used buttercream on top of fondant and had a disaster--although many people here on CC never had a problem with that.

11cupcakes Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:01am
post #5 of 12

I use royal icing and beleive it gives better result.

crazydoglady Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:44am
post #6 of 12

i was looking at rylan's brushed embroidery and like the crisp look of the edges, it looks like real embroidery. i think i'm going to give it a go.

ninatat Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:56am
post #7 of 12

i use buttercream on bc, there is a lady on u-tube that has a great video, i don't want the flower's to be hard on top of the cake, i bought some brushes that were to stiff for my craft work so i cut into the end for the uneven look, i don't have my computer right now but i'll look for her name when i get it back

dnrlee Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 11:06am
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninatat

i use buttercream on bc, there is a lady on u-tube that has a great video, i don't want the flower's to be hard on top of the cake, i bought some brushes that were to stiff for my craft work so i cut into the end for the uneven look, i don't have my computer right now but i'll look for her name when i get it back

Thanh Thanh maybe? I've been looking at her brushed emb and it's awesome! I saw a video where BC on BC was used.

crazydoglady Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:01pm
post #9 of 12

there is also a good video on youtube featuring a british woman who does beautiful, clean work. i can't remember what she used and can't find her again.

Rylan Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:03pm
post #10 of 12

Here are the links:

crazydoglady Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:12pm
post #11 of 12

thanks rylan! i love that video and have now saved it to favorites.

Rylan Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 5:34pm
post #12 of 12

No problem. I love that video as well. There is actually a collection of cake decorating videos in that channel.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%