My Mmf Is Always Too Sticky! Grrrrrr!

Decorating By Mug-a-Bug Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 3:41pm by audrey0522

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 6

It seems like no matter how much PS I kneed into it - it is still sticky when I roll it out. I use cornstarch to prevent sticking and can usually get it rolled out after a few attempts, but this is SO frustrating icon_mad.gif

I covered a cake in MMF last night... and my MMF was super sticky. I kneeded a ton of PS into it and it was still sticking to my counter even with a TON of cornstarch under it. When I tried to put it onto my cake it got elephant skin; I guess because it was too dry.... but it was still sticking! What the #$%&*???? Help! TIA

5 replies
Mug-a-Bug Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 6

bump icon_lol.gif

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:50am
post #3 of 6

what recipe are you using, i use 1 regular bag of minature marshmallows, 1 bag of con sugar 2 teaspoons water, nuke water and mm's grease hands well, i use a bowl, i've never had a problem with this recipe

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:57am
post #4 of 6

do you make it several days ahead of when you will use it?

Mug-a-Bug Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:19pm
post #5 of 6

Yes, several days. Maybe I'm not adding enough PS in the beginning?? I was under the understanding that the whole bag shouldn't be added. icon_confused.gif

audrey0522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audrey0522 Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 6

I think it depends on the humidity and also I find that if I don't use 100% PURE CANE SUGAR it takes a lot more. Most store brands are not 100% pure cane sugar. They say 100% pure but not CANE. For me at least this has made a big difference anytime I use PS.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%