Looking For Ganache Recipe (Spreadable Not Pouring Method)

Decorating By gloria Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 5:09pm by 2SchnauzerLady

gloria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gloria Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 7

I am looking for a recipe for ganache that you spread on (not pour on) then use a hot knife to smooth.

I can't find it. Does anyone have such a thing?

6 replies
sew4children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sew4children Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 7

I heat 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1 cup semisweet chips in a double broiler until completely melted. Let sit or refridgerate until spreadable. Personally, I let mine sit on the counter overnight and stir about every hour before I go to bed. It's great the next morning. It's spreadable.

The kicker is that for some reason this doesn't taste great when warm, but when cooled...YUMMY!

gloria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gloria Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 7

Wow thats certainly sounds easy!

is there any particular type of cream you use? Have you ever tried mint chocolate chips?

TitiaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TitiaM Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 7

I just use a standard ganache recipe, pour it out into a sheet pan and let it sit--without stirring until it is a spreadable consistency. It usually takes a few hours. Works great you get a super smooth silky feeling icing--this is what we did at the bakery I worked at.

Slightly set up ganache can also be whipped in your mixer to a frosting consistency, though it changes the color to more of a light brown.

ally38562 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ally38562 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 7

I tried it with chocolate flavored bark coating and heavy whipping cream. The next day it tasted like Dove chocolate! So smooth and creamy, it was awesome!

sew4children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sew4children Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 7

I strictly use Mayfield whipping cream and Nestle chips. I haven't tried any other brands, I loved what I had the first time I tried it so I never changed it!

Good Luck!

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 5:09pm
post #7 of 7

Store brand heavy cream and ghirardelli (sp?) semisweet chips!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%