Looking For Ganache Recipe (Spreadable Not Pouring Method)

Decorating By gloria Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 5:09pm by 2SchnauzerLady

gloria Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 7

I am looking for a recipe for ganache that you spread on (not pour on) then use a hot knife to smooth.

I can't find it. Does anyone have such a thing?

6 replies
sew4children Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 7

I heat 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1 cup semisweet chips in a double broiler until completely melted. Let sit or refridgerate until spreadable. Personally, I let mine sit on the counter overnight and stir about every hour before I go to bed. It's great the next morning. It's spreadable.

The kicker is that for some reason this doesn't taste great when warm, but when cooled...YUMMY!

gloria Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 7

Wow thats certainly sounds easy!

is there any particular type of cream you use? Have you ever tried mint chocolate chips?

TitiaM Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 7

I just use a standard ganache recipe, pour it out into a sheet pan and let it sit--without stirring until it is a spreadable consistency. It usually takes a few hours. Works great you get a super smooth silky feeling icing--this is what we did at the bakery I worked at.

Slightly set up ganache can also be whipped in your mixer to a frosting consistency, though it changes the color to more of a light brown.

ally38562 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 7

I tried it with chocolate flavored bark coating and heavy whipping cream. The next day it tasted like Dove chocolate! So smooth and creamy, it was awesome!

sew4children Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 7

I strictly use Mayfield whipping cream and Nestle chips. I haven't tried any other brands, I loved what I had the first time I tried it so I never changed it!

Good Luck!

2SchnauzerLady Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 5:09pm
post #7 of 7

Store brand heavy cream and ghirardelli (sp?) semisweet chips!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%