Cake Nightmare..

Lounge By swtness Updated 6 Oct 2009 , 3:27am by cabecakes

swtness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swtness Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:49am
post #1 of 8

No really it was an actual nightmare-my first one. I am doing my very first wedding cake (for my best friend) in May, just to paint a picture. Last night I woke up in a full-blown panic because it was the night before the wedding and we were going over last minute details, when I realized that I forgot to bake the cake!! icon_eek.gif I didn't want to tell my friend and get her all worked up, so I fled to try and find an all-night cake supply store (wouldn't that be nice). I actually found one and bought all my pans and things, and when I got home I realized I bought square pans and she wanted a round cake. This is when I woke up totally freaked out! Anyone else have any crazy cake nightmares or am I the only one?

7 replies
CupCake_Caitlin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake_Caitlin Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:55am
post #2 of 8

Your not the only one... Though mine arent about Cakes... I do have nightmares that are like this, usually around performance nights or something that I'm heavily stressed about.

last one was about getting my wisdom teeth removed, i didnt sleep for a week before arrival at the hospital. Where I'm from they ring you closer to the booked date to give you a time... i dreamt that it was that day and they hadnt given me a time. only to find out they called asking why i wasnt at the hospital 5mins ago... Aaaaahhhhh!!

Not too mention the constant worries of my teeth falling out!!

Cakeandcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeandcupcakes Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:05am
post #3 of 8

I have had my share of cake nightmares. On my first wedding cake for a stranger I woke up at 3am because I had a dream that the fridge in my rental kitchen had died and the ice in the freezer was leaking onto my cake in the fridge. I actually drove to my rental kitchen (that is 30 mins away) looked in the fridge to make sure my cake was okay and went home back to bed. Insane but those dreams get to you and make you crazy.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:07am
post #4 of 8

i just recently had my first Cake nightmare.. it wasn't too bad but it sure felt like it at the time~

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:20pm
post #5 of 8

I have stress-dreams about whatever is going on that I'm even mildly worried about. This week I'm dreaming that the cupcake stand I've made for a wedding on Saturday will fall over. I think it's normal, and your mind's way of dealing with the stress.

I sometimes have dreams where I can't find my car, running around parking lots, late to pick up the kids, that kind of thing. And ones about being chased. I think these are also stress-related, but in a less specific way.

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 1:00pm
post #6 of 8

I have, definately know how you feel.
I made a cake for a froend who lives in W.V. She was here (OH) for a funeral and he sons B-day was 2wks away. She took the cake home and froze it. I dreamed she called to tell me the cake was awful and that all the icing slid off! When she thawed the cake the black icing bled a little.

The last big cake I made, I filled with strawberry jam. I dreamed that I finished the cake and picked it up to move it and the top layer slid off! icon_lol.gif

seasonsmoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seasonsmoke Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 12:47am
post #7 of 8

I have dreams about what is going on at the time. Weather it is about cakes, work, family, etc... I had a nightmare come true. I use to worry that one of my cats would jump on top of the cake box with the cake in side. Then one night while I slept peacefully my cat desided to sleep on top of the cake box with a cake inside. The box was on top of the microwave.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 3:27am
post #8 of 8

Oh yes, the dreaded cake nightmare. I had this one before I took my three pillared cake to the fair. I don't know why, because I was stacking on location. But I dreamt that I stacked at home (for whatever reason) and the cake toppled throwing all my royal icing decorations, molded chocolates, sculpted hard candy, gumpaste decoration, etc. flying into the front seat of my truck. And all I could do was sit there and look at them. I woke up in a cold sweat. Whoa, just thinking about it makes my stomach turn.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%