Love Sugarshack Bc...but How About Chocolate Sugarshack Bc?

Baking By CakeJediChic Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 3:30pm by CakeJediChic

CakeJediChic Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 2:30am
post #1 of 4

I LOVE sugarshacks BC and only use it for my cakes. I now need a Chocolate BC. Has anyone adapted the sugarshack recipe to make it chocolate, while retaining the great flavor (and of course adding a great choco flavor) as well as the crusting? Doing a cake for Saturday and would like to pre make the BC tonight or tomarrow if possible.

Thanks!!

3 replies
grandmom Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 2:23pm
post #3 of 4

Anyone tried Sharon's Chocolate BC? Does it turn out a dark color? Or I guess that can be controlled by how much cocoa? But how do we know how much cocoa to start with?

CakeJediChic Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks Sharon! I ended up finding a recipe somewhere someone had adapted and used a variation of it. Im still not satisfied with it so i might tweak a bit today or start from scratch and do the recipe in your blog. For reference, here's the recipe I did

2 cups butter
3 cups hi ratio
12 oz melted, cooled semi sweet choco
12 tbsp coffer creamer liquid hot
1 tbsp instnt coffee added to creamer liquid
5 lbs PS

Creamed fats and creamer, once creamed, added choco

streamed in PS and ran on 6 once incorporated.

It still tastes like Sugarshack BC, and a bit chocolately, But I think instead of the instant coffee enhancing the chocolate flavor the after taste just tastes like coffee.

So today im going to remix, and try and add some chocolate extract and see if i can save it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%