What To Serve With Beer Can Chicken?

Lounge By prterrell Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 1:52am by ShelleyMJ

prterrell Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 2:24am
post #1 of 13

My DH is making a Beer Can Chicken for dinner Friday. This will be the first time he's tried the recipe out. I'm planning on making bread pudding for dessert. What I'm stuck on is sides, ideally a starch and two veg. Suggestions? TIA!

12 replies
Doug Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 2:46am
post #2 of 13

potato salad of some type

corn on the cob

fresh made cole slaw

tatorchip Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 2:56am
post #3 of 13

mac and cheese
green beans
baked pot.
now I am hungry lol

JanH Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:16am
post #4 of 13

Sweet potatoes...

Sweet & Spicy Cubes/Slices:

If you prefer white potatoes...

Lacy Potato Kugel:

Potato Kugelis:

Cracker Barrel Potato Casserole:

Duchesse Mashed Potato Puff:

Southern Plantation Cornbread:

Balsamic Asparagus:

Dad's Pan Fried Green Beans:

Sugar Snap Peas with Mint:

Balsamic Pea Salad:

Bacon Ranch Pea Salad:

Kim's Summer Corn Salad:

Rachel Ray's BBQ Succotash:

Eastern Shore Succotash:

Al's Sufferin Succotash:

prterrell Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:42am
post #5 of 13

Wow JanH! That's a LOT of recipes and links! Thanks!

JanH Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:51am
post #6 of 13

You're certainly welcome, prterrell. icon_smile.gif

Thought I'd go back and add some cold vegetable salads to sort of mix it up a bit.

Since it's only me and DH now, I have to get a lot of my food thrills vicariously. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Callyssa Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 5:37am
post #7 of 13

Okay, I give.....what is beer can chicken?!! I love cooking with alcohol, so this title intrigues me......

deanna_cake Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 6:47am
post #9 of 13

When I make beer can chicken, I usually make up some "Ranch" Potatoes, (oven roasted potatoes & carrots tossed with a little oil and a packet of Ranch dressing mix) I also serve a green, or garden, salad, and my famous cheesy bread, which is really just a loaf of fresh french bread, butter, and a shaking of a Parmesean-Reggiano Cheese Blend. Yummy! And so comforting. Everyone will love it.

prterrell Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 6:57pm
post #10 of 13

Okay, going to the store in a bit. Have decided to do grilled corn on the cob if the corn at the market looks good as DH LOVES grilled corn. Also a garden salad and roasted potato wedges with olive oil and rosemary. I think I'll make green and gold salad too, since I love it and DH hates it, but my mom and dad will help me eat it up. icon_smile.gif Thanks for everyone's help!

ShelleyMJ Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 7:40pm
post #11 of 13

WOW! Not just desert recipes but you can also find all these yummy recipes for dinner?!

I think I might just try some of them out, Janh.

JanH Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 8:09pm
post #12 of 13

ShelleyMJ, you should have seen some of our extended family Christmas dinner menus. icon_lol.gif

Glad you found something you might like. icon_biggrin.gif

Bon Appétit thumbs_up.gif

ShelleyMJ Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 1:52am
post #13 of 13

Well, I look forward to seeing some great menus for the coming season! I love to cook especially for family and friends.. Bring it on!

Quote by @%username% on %date%